Another young life was taken from this earth at a time that, to us, seems too soon.
At about 5:30am this morning, Sami Sibis, only age 19, was hit by a drunk driver while on her way to work. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami...I never knew her well. But I remember the first day I met her in PE my Jr year. She was new so Elaine Adams introduced her to me and Amanda. We were chill that year and then she joined Concert Choir my senior year. She has this bright personality that made everyone around her smile. She was such a joy.
It's been over a year also since I lost Haly. I was closer to Haly but Sami's death was just so unexpected. There was no warning, no pre-set illness as with Haly. Just, bam...gone. The lives of her family and all those who knew her have suddenly been thrown off course because of one person's STUPID choice to drink and drive. It's enough to make me want to go hate-edge on someone.
The hole in my heart has grown. I'm 19. Never, ever, did I expect to lose people younger than me so fast before I was even 20.
...I can't write anymore right now
At about 5:30am this morning, Sami Sibis, only age 19, was hit by a drunk driver while on her way to work. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sami...I never knew her well. But I remember the first day I met her in PE my Jr year. She was new so Elaine Adams introduced her to me and Amanda. We were chill that year and then she joined Concert Choir my senior year. She has this bright personality that made everyone around her smile. She was such a joy.
It's been over a year also since I lost Haly. I was closer to Haly but Sami's death was just so unexpected. There was no warning, no pre-set illness as with Haly. Just, bam...gone. The lives of her family and all those who knew her have suddenly been thrown off course because of one person's STUPID choice to drink and drive. It's enough to make me want to go hate-edge on someone.
The hole in my heart has grown. I'm 19. Never, ever, did I expect to lose people younger than me so fast before I was even 20.
...I can't write anymore right now
No comments:
Post a Comment