So, some of you (if anyone at all; DOES ANYONE READ THIS??) may have seen that I'm taking a Facebook break. And I'm dead serious about this one. I'm logged off, it's not a homepage and it's not even a quick link anymore. NO MORE FACEBOOK FOR ME until November 19th!!
How did this come about? Well, last night, I was laying in bed after another night of a movies (well, this night was more like an "attempt". Mike wanted me to watch Black Hawk Down and I barely made it half way through). Anyways, I was laying there and I suddenly turned to Mike and I said "I don't really have very many friends."
And you know what the buggar said?
"No, you really don't..." (NOT HELPING) "...but neither do I."
So, I decided that in an attempt to remidy this, I'm taking a Facebook break and am going to use what used to be "Facebook time" as "friend time" and try to be a better friend to those few I have left. And, maybe, make more friends?
It's funny though. In an attempt to have better friendships, I'm pushing soical networking away. Kinda ironic, isn't it. But, those friendships on Facebook aren't really "friendships". I have over 350 friends on there and I don't know half of them half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of them half as well as they deserve.
Yeah...I just went there.
Anywho, it doesn't mean I'm taking a blogging break. Something is bound to pop up in between now and then that I will deem blogging worthy (I hope)
How did this come about? Well, last night, I was laying in bed after another night of a movies (well, this night was more like an "attempt". Mike wanted me to watch Black Hawk Down and I barely made it half way through). Anyways, I was laying there and I suddenly turned to Mike and I said "I don't really have very many friends."
And you know what the buggar said?
"No, you really don't..." (NOT HELPING) "...but neither do I."
So, I decided that in an attempt to remidy this, I'm taking a Facebook break and am going to use what used to be "Facebook time" as "friend time" and try to be a better friend to those few I have left. And, maybe, make more friends?
It's funny though. In an attempt to have better friendships, I'm pushing soical networking away. Kinda ironic, isn't it. But, those friendships on Facebook aren't really "friendships". I have over 350 friends on there and I don't know half of them half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of them half as well as they deserve.
Yeah...I just went there.
Anywho, it doesn't mean I'm taking a blogging break. Something is bound to pop up in between now and then that I will deem blogging worthy (I hope)
I have a friend who did this...she blogs more as a result of it but even more than that she has found that she connects more with others as well, although she struggles sometimes to find the balance as she starts to get involved with other types of medea instead of being social.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way...i have even said to my husband as well that i feel like i dont have many friends since moving (even though we have been here over a year) but it's more that we are so busy because he says the same thing, that although he has gotten to know people who he considers acquaintances, he wouldn't consider them "friends" like we would invite over for a movie night or anything like that. i want to fix this because i would love to have more friends over for a movie night or for a dinner or to go out to a fun event. good friendships give life something special.
i think there should always be a balance in life, so if it is too much facebooking or too much working (in our case, owning a business really eats up time and makes it hard to plan things because of last minute things that come up) or too much ______, we should remedy it to have that balance. good for you! i hope you make some amazing new friends!
I read this! And I love you for the Bilbo quote. And many other reasons. :)
ReplyDelete