Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sounds Legit...

Ok, so for my sorta, not really, weekly update on that -2 jean sizes thing, I bring you a whole new game plan...ready? Ok!
Today, my mom helped me make potato salad for the Inventory Potluck at work Friday and while we were cooking, she started telling me about this diet she's started...and lost 5 lbs the first week. She kinda had me sold there. It's called Va-Salus and it's a shake based diet. A girl in our Ward is a Rep for them. My mom then made me a shake and dispite the fact that it was a little ice chunky (mom has a new blender, it's not her fault) it was super good. Also, they have things you can add for flavor, like chocolate and peanut butter (that was mine today!) or fruit, ect... The diet she is on is one shake for breakfast, one for lunch, healthy snaking inbetween and then WHATEVER she wants for dinner. Did I mention she lost 5 pounds the first week?
Also, she's been walking everyday with Amanda Miller. But they say that the diet is supposed to work, even without the exersise. And that's my problem: the exersise. So my mom said I can take the little trampoline she got back before I was even born, and act the fool on it. Well, that's what I'm calling it. She said back in the first summer she and my dad were married, she jumped, jogged in place and danced on that trampoline for an hour a day to music. Exersise? Sounds more like fun to me!!
So tomorrow or Sunday, we'll get a blender from Melis and David Derby, who got one too many blenders as compared to Mike and I who got...none. And then, after I get my first bag and little taste fillers for the shakes, I will begin!!
Now I just need to make myself a good "Acting the Fool" playlist. Hmmmm....

PS: here's the Vi-Salus site if anyone else is interested http://visalus.com/about/about-visalus/

No comments:

Post a Comment