...goes out to the people who think I was dating/am engaged to Mike because of Haly or his family.
No. You could not be anymore wrong.
Yes, Haly did have something to do with me being interested in Mike. He was the elusive elder brother...when I did see him, he had that metal/goth thing going on and it was very atractive :)
And, here, this will shut you all up...
If Haly hadn't gotten so sick and passed away, the past 4 months might not have happened. Mike had been inactive since he was a teenager. It was after Haly passed away that he was all "Hey! I want to see my sister again. And I know the only way to do that..." So, he came back to the church as a result of Haly's death.
Who knows. If Haly had come home and hadn't left us here on earth, NONE OF THIS MAY BE HAPPENING. But I don't dwell on that. God has a plan. Maybe part of the reason Haly's time on earth was cut so short was so Mike and I could find each other. Honestly, I have no idea and I'm not going to try to say I know God's motives about anything.
But I thank him daily for allowing Mike being a part of my life.
And as for his family...it's a standing joke that I've spent more time with Mike's mom than he has in the past 5 years, and that's just because I was in choir!! His parents became "Mama and Papa Bice" to me my senior year, as they are to every other member of choir in the years 06-09. Mike's parents were much like any of the other parents I thought were "cooler" than mine back when I was a teenager. I'm NOT marrying Mike because I think his parents are bomb-digity. Getting to be apart of the craziness that is being a member of the Bice family is an added plus
(yeah, I'm calling it a plus...I must be as crazy as they are).
I can't begin to say everything about Mike that I fell in love with. But it had a lot to do with the fact that he gets me. We have the same kinda shaddy pasts and we both repented and came back to where we know we needed to be. When picturing my life and marrying a memeber of the church, I was sure I was going to have to "settle" and I wouldn't be able to be myself. But, with Mike, I can be. And, he makes me want to be even better. Mike treats me like I'm his everything. Our worlds revolve around each other. He's my best friend. I love him.
And I love him for who he is, not who his sister is or who is parents are.
So, to all you skeptics out there...shush. You don't know what you're talking about. Until you've seen the last 4 months from MY point of veiw, just keep yer trap shut.
Thanks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment