Monday, August 22, 2011

MIA

So, we are missing two very important things...
...with a wedding now 12 days away.
Flowers? Check
Photographer? Check
Places? Check
Food? Check
Center pieces? Check
Tux and dress?
Negative, ghost-rider.
(Please note the "Top Gun" reference...I'm marrying a navy brat)

Because my dress did not come with sleeves on, I forked out the arm and leg to pay to get sleeves put on it. Friday the 19th was the day to go get it, but the alterations lady called and asked if we could come in Saturday. Sure, why not? We were going to be in Reno anyways.
Saturday, after the temple, my mom and I go to David's Bridal and are shown into a fitting room to wait...and wait...and wait. 10 minutes later, we find out that my dress ISN'T DONE.
Did I cry? No
Throw a fit? No
I think I was in shock
WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY DRESS ISN'T DONE????
I paid an extra 500 to get it temple ready and you tell me it's taking longer than you thought?

HEY, DAVID'S BRIDAL, I HAVE AN IDEA!! YOU KNOW THOSE MODEST DRESSES YOU HAVE IN SLC AND UTAH VALLEY? YEAH...YOU SHOULD PUT THEM IN ALL THE STORES IN CITY'S WITH LDS TEMPLES...JUST A THOUGHT!!

Mom and I go back tomorrow to get it...hopefully.
But I'm ready to start asking for money back.
Like, seriously.

Mike is getting his tux Friday with this giant trip to Reno to also get Jan and Jessica and the nieces dresses. 8 days before the wedding? That's cutting it a tad close for my heart. I start to hyperventilate just thinking about it...

I just keep reminding my self that in 12 days, 9 hours and some odd change, all this craziness with be done with the result being wonderful. Screw the skeptics, I hear that being married is amazing...I can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment