Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What makes a house a home...

We have internet. Kinda. I can get three bars in the kitchen from one our neighbors. Shady, I know but I was bored. I don't stay on it too long because I don't want them to figure it our and password protect it, haha.
And, since I was bored, I took those promised photos of our new house!!
Isn't it cute? We only have a 6 month lease and that's sort of a blessing in disguise because we REALLY don't want to be here too long. It's a SUPER old house and sort of a fixer-upper (in other words, we have to call the land lady once or twice a week with a problem). But it's great for starters and we're SO happy to be out on our own.

The living room is still a work in progress...except for one corner that makes me smile ever time I look at it. It's just missing a self for all our books but it's
almost how I want it. It's my pride and joy right now.

We got my parent's old couch and Mike had a papasan chair, together making our furniture. I'm so thankful for the quilts Jan slaved over before the wedding because they make those two pieces perfect!

And of course our TV. We don't have cable but we do have an Xbox, lots of games and our DVDs.

Our kitchen is 100% done!!

And our bedroom Our bed is about all that fits in that room (quilt also made by Jan)

This corner is a life saver. On our first morning in the house I discovered something HORRIBLE...there are NO outlets in the bathroom. This was Mike's idea. He's so smart :)

No pictures of the bathroom...it's just a small, teeny tiny bathroom.
And no pictures of Mike's nerd room. He won't allow pictures until it's 100% which will take a while. All he has done is the computer corner; the rest of the room is full of boxes. Mike's visor for that room includes a futon couch, a card table...basically, his man cave. It doesn't really bother me. I had no idea what we'd do with that room anyways....no babies yet ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment