Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm home

I came to an epiphany  today that home means several things:
Mike
Our families
And Nevada.

Yup. I finally claim Nevada as home.
See, it took a long time. 8 years in fact. When we first moved to Nevada, my theme was I WANT TO GO HOME!! (Home then meaning Provo, Utah.) Finally it progressed to "I'm from Utah". Then, one day, I realized I did all of not only my physical growing up but also my mental growing up in Nevada. In facT, I was only in Utah for 4 years...I've almost doubled that time in Nevada.
My mom, from Oregon, doesn't like Nevada in the fall and winter. She says it's to depressing. But, to her credit, she was raised in Salem, where it is constantly green...and wet. I look around, even in January when EVERYTHING is dead and see beauty.
Now, my Picasa just updated and I found that it has some new editing choices so I've been making my own instagram photos (TAKE THAT, APPLE!!!) And tonight, I made this one. It basically sums up everything I feel. I took this picture in the summer of 2011 when Mike, his parents and myself piled up into the Ram, got Taco bell and went to see how full the lake was. We then followed the river back to Fallon on dirt roads. While Mike was busy screaming at a rabbit (his number two fear, after sharks) I snapped this picture: 

I AM HOME ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment