It's the morning of August 27...you know what that means?
1 week! 1 WEEEEEEEK!!!!!
I'm ready. Everything is ready. We got Mike a suit today, plus the final four dresses and a shrug.
Why am I up at 4am you ask? I've developed slight insomnia in the past month and a half. I think it started the night of Haly's birthday when I woke up around 1am and cried until about 4. (Tonight probably has to do with the Cherry Coke I had on the way home for Reno...bad, I know) But everyone else says it's nerves. Soooo...add no sleep on top of week 2 of my first round of birth control and you get: Bridezilla? No. Over the top emotions? Kinda. A zombie? YES!! Oh joy. An emotional zombie bride. That's a new one, I'm sure.
But I come bearing good news. I think I have a job. No, I'm about 98% sure I have a job. The in-laws went to the Navy Exchange out at NAS Fallon today to look for shoes for Mike and my old boss, Anita, threw an application at them and said if I filled it out, she'd hire me. I think I broke the record for job application filling out and we were back at the NEX in a heart beat. I still have to have a background check (ha) and go through the "interview" process. But I'm feeling pretty confident.
This, however, is a blow to Mike's ego. His construction job did not work out. How? Well, things tend to fall to pieces with the bosses accountant/wife takes the 55 grand the company was paid and spends it on heaven knows what, leaving her husband to work for free and by himself. Yeah. Can we say anger? Hate and discontent? Yeah...like you have NO idea.
Plan B? Reapply out at the Gabs Mine in October (he applied once but failed the test they have to take by ONE point. Yeah. ONE. So he's waiting the allotted 6 months). With this job, he'll work a set amount of days and then get 7 days off. He'll also have to drive the 45 minutes to Gabs everyday but thank goodness for the awesome gas mileage on his Honda!! Plan C? He will go to Salt Lake for 10 days to attened England Trucking INCs trucking school, finish getting his CDL and then, drive baby, drive. And, really, this is good. Mike LOVES truck driving and he's "one hell of a truck driver" (direct quote from Jan). His one worry is that he will miss out on raising our kids. I have to remind him that his dad was gone with the Navy (a lot more than Mike ever will be) and he's never once considered his dad to be an "absentee father". I'm not yet sure what path we'll go down, but I have every confidence in him to do what's best for us and our future family. Cuz, ya know, that's just the kind of guy he is.
And I love him for it
1 week! 1 WEEEEEEEK!!!!!
I'm ready. Everything is ready. We got Mike a suit today, plus the final four dresses and a shrug.
Why am I up at 4am you ask? I've developed slight insomnia in the past month and a half. I think it started the night of Haly's birthday when I woke up around 1am and cried until about 4. (Tonight probably has to do with the Cherry Coke I had on the way home for Reno...bad, I know) But everyone else says it's nerves. Soooo...add no sleep on top of week 2 of my first round of birth control and you get: Bridezilla? No. Over the top emotions? Kinda. A zombie? YES!! Oh joy. An emotional zombie bride. That's a new one, I'm sure.
But I come bearing good news. I think I have a job. No, I'm about 98% sure I have a job. The in-laws went to the Navy Exchange out at NAS Fallon today to look for shoes for Mike and my old boss, Anita, threw an application at them and said if I filled it out, she'd hire me. I think I broke the record for job application filling out and we were back at the NEX in a heart beat. I still have to have a background check (ha) and go through the "interview" process. But I'm feeling pretty confident.
This, however, is a blow to Mike's ego. His construction job did not work out. How? Well, things tend to fall to pieces with the bosses accountant/wife takes the 55 grand the company was paid and spends it on heaven knows what, leaving her husband to work for free and by himself. Yeah. Can we say anger? Hate and discontent? Yeah...like you have NO idea.
Plan B? Reapply out at the Gabs Mine in October (he applied once but failed the test they have to take by ONE point. Yeah. ONE. So he's waiting the allotted 6 months). With this job, he'll work a set amount of days and then get 7 days off. He'll also have to drive the 45 minutes to Gabs everyday but thank goodness for the awesome gas mileage on his Honda!! Plan C? He will go to Salt Lake for 10 days to attened England Trucking INCs trucking school, finish getting his CDL and then, drive baby, drive. And, really, this is good. Mike LOVES truck driving and he's "one hell of a truck driver" (direct quote from Jan). His one worry is that he will miss out on raising our kids. I have to remind him that his dad was gone with the Navy (a lot more than Mike ever will be) and he's never once considered his dad to be an "absentee father". I'm not yet sure what path we'll go down, but I have every confidence in him to do what's best for us and our future family. Cuz, ya know, that's just the kind of guy he is.
And I love him for it
No comments:
Post a Comment